IELTS is the world’s most popular English language testing system. It is the test that opens doors to a world of academic and professional opportunity in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, USA and many other places around the world, where English is a language in the workplace or the classroom.
The IELTS test is co-owned by: IDP: IELTS Australia, the British Council and Cambridge English Language Assessment.
The test for study – Thousands of the world’s most reputable universities and colleges will accept your IELTS results as evidence of your English language proficiency.
The test for professionals – Professional registration bodies, in many fields will accept an IELTS result, including accounting, engineering, law, medicine, nursing, pharmacy and teaching in many countries. This means that after completing your studies, you may need to take the test again in order to gain professional registration.
The test for migration – IELTS is required by governments in more countries than any other English language test as a requirement for permanent residency
How does IELTS work?
You’ll be assessed on the following elements:
Listening Approximately 30 minutes (plus 10 minutes transfer time)
Reading 40 questions, 60 minutes
Writing 2 tasks, 60 minutes
Speaking 3 parts, approximately 15 minutes
Make sure you’re familiar with how the IELTS test works
There are two IELTS tests available – IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training. The test you choose should be based on what it is you want to do.
IELTS Academic – measures whether your level of English language proficiency is suitable for an academic environment. It reflects aspects of academic language and evaluates whether you’re ready to begin training or studying.
IELTS General Training – measures English language proficiency in a practical, everyday context. The tasks and tests reflect both workplace and social situations.
If you are taking the IELTS test to support a UK visa application to work, live or study in the UK, you may need to take the IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Academic or General Training or the IELTS for Life Skills test.
Contact us today to obtain the best quality IELTS Certificate results.
IELTS Preparation Course with GoShine IELTS Academy aims to:
* Introduce you to the format and the content of the exam.
* Help you with all the strategies and skills needed to clear the exam in one go.
* Provide all the study material for your IELTS Coaching.
* Provide you with regular mock test and practice test to monitor your progress.
* Provide personal attention to each student and help identify the areas of improvement.
* Tips and advice from certified IELTS Trainers.
After IELTS Coaching with GoShine Academy, you will be able to:
* Apply reading techniques to scan and skim texts quickly, and to find the exact answer.
* Produce writing which are clear and organized, to achieve your required score.
* Apply different listening techniques to cope with a variety of accent
* Speak English with greater accuracy and fluency
* Learn to manage TIME according to the IELTS test